Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Revie Team´s Work

*Playtesting another team's campaign. Write a review

I download the another team´s work and try to install it to Wesnooth 1.6.5 an 1.6.7. But it doesn't work on any of these versions. I also try it on another computer, but i was unsuccessful with same errors as on mine. So in fact, i can´t make a review of their game nor play testing it.

So i will write review of our open source team work.

I come to the team bit lately, but it shouldn´t be a problem in opnensource project. Finally we did good job, but in fact our team work wasn´t really open source. I wanted to participate on more fields than i participated, but i wasn´t really able to do it. I didn´t know, in which field can i participate, which part of the team work can i do, in which field is necessary my help. As a communication instrument we used skype - i guess it would be better use some type of discussion forum, with topics... with skype, it was quite blind. You can´t really read history of the chat, would be much easier to orientate oneself in environment with structure - discussion topics.

I also made few mistakes in openness. I made few maps and pictures. I should (but unfortunately i didn´t) upload on track beta versions of my work, different patterns, textures and backgrounds, which i created during my work on these pictures. So in fact anyone else can´t set effectively own work on mine.

But anyway it was great experience and i believe, that each of us will work more openly next time also thanks this mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment